Saturday, February 9, 2008


We are in the process of buying a modest little cottage on N. Greenwood St. The place needs a little TLC, but the price is right. Real right. Until I sell my first novel, or they promote me at my workplace, or I sell one of my abstract crayon portraits, I figure this is gonna be where we live. The neighborhood is fantastic. The basement is relatively dry (livable). The yard is huge. The garage could be converted into a living or bedroom. And, at 38 years of age, I just really want to commit to owning property and actually having a place that I can call my own.

8 comments:

  1. Cool, but how do you keep the yard so green in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, but how do you keep the yard so green in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the joys of home ownership! Congrats! Sorry I can't help with the move, but Jason can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are really looking forward to it! We are asking the seller to do a bunch of work before we move in--if all goes well we close on Feb 29th. Pretty cool . . .

    There are some things about it that are quirky--like a sort of Euro style bathroom (small), and a half finished basement. But it has a ton of potential. I miss that side of town, and am really looking forward to getting over there again (and being able to hit Cosmo at least once a week on the mountain bike).

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, getting away from the hellish partying atmosphere on University Ave. during 8-9 months out of the year is another bonus. It is no place to raise a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats dude! That is awesome. You won't regret it and you do whatever you want. Shit, I have a bike shop in my basement now. I was just drilling holes in the wall the other night to hang bikes up. Why? Because I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly. I have visions for the basement--workshop, art area, possible study--not to mention that we could easily convert the garage into additional room some day. I'm so stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of that Hellish party atmosphere on University...... Sorry if this is weird, but Wes and I are looking for a place to rent.... Who is your landlord?

    My email is acf1d3 at mizzou dot edu

    ReplyDelete