I came to Columbia after living a somewhat itinerant life in my 20s--to ostensibly get a masters degree in history. I’d lived so many places from the years 1990 - 1998, that Missouri was the most likely candidate for in-state tuition, since I’d grown up here, and my GRE’s were somewhat questionable. Which meant I probably wasn't going to get an assistantship anywhere my first year. I’d thought about graduate school in Ft. Collins (Colorado takes years to get residency) and Lincoln, but Columbia just turned out to be the place I ended up.
I’ve never left, and I’m glad.
Consider this: after 5 years, the True/False Film Festival here is one of the top draws for documentary film makers around the globe. Here is a link to this fantastic festival. It is one of the coolest websites I’ve ever seen, but the films are even cooler. I’m just dying to see the movie Joy Division, and how about The Man Who Ate Badgers?
I’ve never left, and I’m glad.
Consider this: after 5 years, the True/False Film Festival here is one of the top draws for documentary film makers around the globe. Here is a link to this fantastic festival. It is one of the coolest websites I’ve ever seen, but the films are even cooler. I’m just dying to see the movie Joy Division, and how about The Man Who Ate Badgers?
Darn, I want to go see Bigger, Stronger, Faster!
ReplyDeleteDude, I heard you have the flu. Get better soon!
ReplyDeleteI feel better today, just a little congestion. :-)
ReplyDeleteLook at that beautiful young lady!!
ReplyDeleteI've never ridden up the backside of Rist...but I've gone down it. Looks pretty brutal though.
ReplyDelete