So, I woke up and decided that it would be wrong if I didn't go out and do this race, even with extremely questionable early season fitness and, of course, a lot of extra weight.
1. The 3-4 field was huge. 75 riders? According to the results I signed my name "Seth Switer" on my waiver. I guess I do have some pretty bad guy scrawl.
2. I had a messed up tire and a slow leak starting from mile 1, then a blowout flat, and then a broken spoke. I rode the broken wheel (some random second from the wheel truck) home for the last 6 miles or so. There were a ton of cinders just everywhere.
3. With all these mishaps, part of the time I was riding alone, part of time I was in these little, splintered groups, most of the time I was just trying to finish.
4. Most important, it was hard and fun.
5. Finally, I wore these Serfas glasses of my wife's that she wears during 5ks and running workouts. They were amazing--the most comfortable shades I've ever worn. And, most importantly they were this mango/pink color that looked really cool. I need to get a pair.
woah. didn't expect a race report this morning. good on ya.
ReplyDeleteThanks, man. I felt a huge sense of accomplishment just finishing it, after several years almost completely out of the competitive aspect of the sport.
ReplyDeleteI think its going to be a really, really fun season.
See HERE
ReplyDelete