Friday, February 1, 2008

More Winter

Well, we got about 3 - 4 inches of snow last night. Very nice. I might try to get in a little cross country skiing after work.

I've been fascinated with cold, arctic type places recently. Supposedly, the coldest city on earth is a place called Yakutsk in the neverland of the Sakha Republic, Siberia, RS. With a population of nearly 250,000, and January temps averaging 50 degrees below zero, it does not seem like a place for the faint of heart or the weak.

This is a neat video from the city. The only thing I can think of is "Arctic Blade Runner" especially near the end as the two identical women, dressed in fur, silently floating down the snow covered walk.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to tell you..."You should use those skiis this weekend!" I'm thinking I might give them a try if we get more snow before Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that electricity even flows at those temperatures. Egads.

    ReplyDelete