Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My brother and I


Have ridden the hell out of our bikes since the mid 1990s. This is us before some criteriums in Louisville Colorado. I am going for the "British helmet strap circa Crimean War" look. Those local CO crits are so amazing--some of the best pros, guys you've idolized all your life, show up to even the smallest crits. This particular race was won by Alan McCormack.

6 comments:

  1. lookin' pretty trim in that photo.

    and your bro's miyata is schweeet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the hardest crits I ever did as a 4 (and as most people know, a 4's race in CO is like a 3's race in the Midwest, where I was from). We'd summited two 14ers just two days before (Oxford and Belmont) and I'd only been at altitude for 3 days. My legs were completely filled with lactic acid from the climbing. I almost got dropped a couple of times, dangling a bike length or two off the back. But I finished, almost cracking the top 10 if I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that was an amazing performance. Too bad I couldn't say the same for my ride in the 3s race . . .

    I've got to get down to 175 again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sda--

    still got the Miyata as a fixie in my basement somewhere. Michael--you rode that thing how many miles in '97?

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the time I got the Miyata in April 1996 to the time I got my first Ellsworth in April 1998 I probably put close to 15,000 miles on the thing. Had a great Memorial Day Weekend in Iowa on it in '97. Next frame I get may well be steel again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the few people I know who've won hundreds of dollars of prize money at the Quad City races. Sda is the other one.
    He was a cash register at those races.

    ReplyDelete