Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lotsa Photos phase 1


I recently located several envelopes full of photos from myself and my brother's life as cyclists and bike racers. Not well preserved, I scanned many and am in the process of putting them all on cd. Here is just a smattering of what I found.

Crit near Boulder--1997


Adel Iowa criterium--1995


Michael (in red jersey and yellow helmet) in the long suffering line of the top 20 or 30 guys going up the Snake--2003.

Me a little further back--Snake Alley Cat. 3 race--2003


Michael probably going 35 mph in the Amateur Grote Scheldeprijs in Belgium, April 2000--he finished!


Great photo of Michael in the Cat. 3 Snake Alley race--1998


Moab, Porcupine Rime Trail--1997


Louisville, Colorado--1997.


Before the Boise National Championship Road Race--1986. There were 120 Juniors at the starting line. I finished 74th.


I was so nervous I pinned my numbers on backwards.


Some guy chained his car to the street and we had to wait an hour for the start. My numbers were fixed by this point.


Tour of the Hill, 1994--Cat. 4 race (12th place?) I'd just started racing again after quitting for 6 years.


Tour of the Hill, after the Cat. 3 finish, talking with Steve Muhle--Aaro Froese won this race, and it was very fast if I remember correctly. 1995.

My first nice bike, a Fuji--this picture was taken April, 1985.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have dozens more--I wish I had more from the 1980s. I think my grandparents have quite a bit from me racing in St. Louis from 1985-1987.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, these are great! That kermesse in Belgium was incredibly fast--completely flat. We averaged 46 KPH for that race--110 KM! Then after the finish the pros came through on for their final 5 circuits on the exact same course we had ridden. Endrio Leoni took it in a sprint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! My first helmet was one of those black bells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that is one of the greatest Snake Alley photos I've seen. It shows the chaos and intensity of those first few laps very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I'd like to give credit to Michael's wife, Kristen for many of these great photos.

    ReplyDelete