I've realized recently that if it is possible for me to get a flat just looking at my tire, I will get a flat. I just got a flat on my trainer with a new tube and kevlar tire. How the hell is that possible?
Riding my trainer yesterday was as fun as plucking my overly long nose hairs. However, I did listen to Sister for the 1294 time. This is Sonic Youth's best album in my opinion. There is this track, "Stereo Sanctity" I think, when Thurston Moore yells "Seven!" and then Lee Renaldo, yells "Seven!" And its all reverb and guitar squall from there--but its the most beautiful Low-Fi/Sci-Fi feedback you can imagine. You can only hear this on earphones, and most likely when you are doing intervals on the trainer or otherwise out of your mind, but 10 seconds in Thurston laughs and says "All Right . . . . "and it reverbs again, and I would imagine into some sort of infinite sound wave that is still coursing through the Solar System and into the far reaches of the universe.
My favorite Sonic Youth memory is Kathleen Hanna in the video for Bull in the Heather. :-)
ReplyDeleteKathleen Hanna is a freak of nature.
ReplyDelete