I am on the cusp of achieving a raw semblance of fitness, even though my upper body still looks vaguely Neanderthalish, but that didn't keep me from trying to close down a gap tonight after a little attack on highway N and just completely blowing apart at the seams. I ended up spontaneously gapping the whole group at that point. I've been good at that since about 2002. Josh gave me a push to get back on that would have probably helped Huff win the gold in the Madison, but at that point I was like, fuck it, I'm done. I turned on 163 and did the cripple bike home. Man that was an awesome push, though.
On another note, I thought the course we did was actually vastly superior to anything I've done in BOCOMO since I moved here for good in 1999. At least on the part that I did, there was little traffic, there are some good climbs, and I was impressed. I hope we stay with it.
Hey Tracy Thompson,
ReplyDeleteIf you read this crappy blog--
You are my hero still. What is your cell>?
email me at:
ReplyDeletesmithset@gmail.com