Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Perfect Weekend


I had a comp day on Friday, so this has turned out to be a relaxing, restorative long weekend. We hung out with the Ozenbergers last night and had a great time, ate some delicious Mexican food, I drank a few margaritas. Dillon and Lucy chased each other around for about an hour afterward. Nothing cuter than a couple of toddlers chasing each other. I'm finally riding again, mountain bikes on Sat. and a Big Tree loop today with Jason. Some great rides, just cruising and exactly what I need right now.

I'm also looking for some wheels to race on, as my current wheel setup is completely inadequate (trashed Alex rims that I built in 2002 and that I've ridden a ton of cross on). I'm not sure whether to build some wheels or just buy some used ones. I just don't have the time to build wheels anymore, unless its a cross-lace, and that can be iffy sometimes. Actually, my bike kind of needs a lot of work to be race worthy, it is NOT dialed with gears slipping and the front der. kind of torqued weird. I'm sure this will be a tortured search, filled with some Woody Allenesque moments, as my search for new gear alway is, living on a such a restricted budget.

7 comments:

  1. i got a new frame last week and built it up yesterday.

    i'll have a pic up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mountain or road? That Klein is getting kind of ancient, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rode? Thanks for calling!
    I rode out to McBaine on the MKT and around the Big Tree then home on Howards Orchard Saturday. That was pretty cool. First time on something other than the MKT/KT since November! Probably won't do it again for a while. At least not until my knee recovers. It complained afterwards a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was mtn. and road bikes, didn't think you were up for it at this point. Cross bike still has a flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When can you start riding on the road again, though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just kiddin'. There's no way I'd go mtbing yet; the rollers on HO were more than slightly taxing. As for the road? Soon I think. BTW John called from Grenoble yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, no one was home to answer it. He sounded good and like they were having a good trip.

    ReplyDelete