I've found myself spending a huge amount of time dreaming of bike racing recently--looking at cycling blogs and just daydreaming of being really lean and fit and fast again. I mean, its bad, I just yearn to jump into a crit or cyclocross race again. (No mountain bike racing for me, I'm actually not fond of the scene and I really suck at it to boot.) I haven't raced in over two years--which is the longest I've stopped racing since my hiatus in the late 1980s early 1990s. It seems to be part of my DNA. I guess I could simply say that, along with my family, it is my raison d'etre, especially since this cool project I was slaving over at work last fall isn't going to be going full swing for at least another year.
So . . . if I want this to work for starting into August and into the cyclocross season I've realized that I've got to be disciplined. Not just with my diet, but with a whole host of other things, including by necessity what will be very early morning training rides at least 2 times a week. The alarm will be set for 5:15 and despite the horror of it all (I'm NOT a morning person) I must get up.
State Crit? Greentree--Tour of the Hill? A few cross races? Man, I'd love to make it happen. How hard can Cat. 4 races be?
I also daydream of being lean and fit, but probably for other reasons! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe need to get our kiddos together to play sometime. Jason and I talk about that - we need to just set a time.
Alicia
That sounds great! Lucy would love to meet Dillon. Let's set a time for sure this summer--do you all ever go to the Pirate's Landing at Twin Lakes with him?
ReplyDeleteShall I come by at 5:25 tomorrow? I have to get up at 4:50 so I can at least have a cup of coffee and stare at the wall a bit before saddling up.
ReplyDeleteJason and I just talked about taking Dillon there when it gets a little warmer.
ReplyDeleteHey Seth,
ReplyDeleteGet on that bike. I remember racing with you as a junior back in the 80's...good times.
I bet this is Brian Bradley.? Man-- those were good times. Its still in my blood.
ReplyDeleteI'm so stoked to see all these juniors racing again. It reminds me of those old days--1987, Carondelet Park, Tour of the Hill (when it was the 4th of July). The best days of my young adulthood.