Friday, April 10, 2009

Perspective

"April is the cruelest month." I believe T.S. Elliot wrote this, and it has been thusly for me. Work is hammering me (a total revamping of almost every procedure in our department as we have new management and we are short staffed) and the weather has been crap. Training has been difficult.

I wrote a buddy this morning an email about bike racing, intense training, how it feels like an extra stressor in my life. He had sage words of advice. "Keep it fun." I thought about it all day and it is so very true.

Cycling should be fun. Racing should be fun. If its not fun, then I need to get some perspective on the whole sport. Look at every race as a adventure of sorts, not some sort of obligation. Training without a heart rate monitor and super structure very well might add more joy to the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment