Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moustaches



I really feel bad for Zabriskie and his crash in the Giro. I watched it last night and he looked like he was pretty jacked up and in a lot of pain.

However, the question I constantly come back to is--could the constant grooming and attention to his 'stache, even in races, have caused this untimely crash? Could, perhaps, this mustache actually interfere with his sightlines, especially when bottles come tumbling toward him on the ground? I mean, its a cool f*ckin' 'stache but more in a Boogie Nights kind of way.

He might want to take some grooming advice from one of the old masters, Giuseppi Saronni, on who's visage moustaches were a common sight throughout the season, but well trimmed and discrete. (See above iconic image).

1 comment:

  1. it wasn't the stache. some people just aren't good at riding bikes. dave z. is one of them.





    i keed i keed!!!

    ReplyDelete