Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sew-ups on my cyclocross bike

Well--its cx season. My "road" season involved my brother and I trying to destroy each other for a few weeks while he was here this summer, Froze Toes, and several lame attempts to get to some criteriums (which involved the actual registration for several races and not getting to them, which is really super lame). The very, very stressful things that have been happening at my job are really hurting my ability to train.

Anyway, enough of that. One of the races I was focusing on was a cyclocross race in Hermann Missouri, under the lights. Because of what is happening at work, I just realized that I couldn't properly train for it, and like those crits, bailed on it after actually being registered for it. But, I have tubies on my cyclocross bike now, and that is going to make riding my sweet generic/weird aluminum bike with a kickstand mount even more interesting.

6 comments:

  1. What do you want to do? I will put out some feelers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. works sucks. cyclocross doesn't.

    what kind of tires did you put on and how much were they? i have my old race wheels still (ultegra hubs and mavic GEL280 in front and a GEL330 in the rear) and think i ought to race 'cross on them a bit.

    i also have two brand new never been built GEL330's 32 hole. not to brag or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put on some $55 Vittorias. I think they are called--Vittoria Cross EVO XG 220. I love them!! Very much worth the purchase. I put them on some sewups rims from the late 1990s with Dura Ace hubs. Very sweet.

    So, you're GEL'n?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seth,
    No matter what job you have it is always going to suck at some point. You just got to sack up and roll with the punches.

    CX kicks ass.

    Speaking of Tubulars.....I have a basement full of slightly used tubies. If you know people needing tubies send them my way. I will ditch them off cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I would actually love to get my hands on some of those. How much are you selling them for?

    Yeah, work. F'ing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i ordered some of those tyres. they better make me phast.

    ReplyDelete