A lot of guys from Columbia are down at Joe Martin today. What a great race. I did it only once, in 1997. Bob Maharrey broke his collarbone that year in the crit in the Cat. 3 race, Jimmy and I were riding right behind him when he hit. It was a wierd crash, almost like he switched his handlebars up and hit the deck, he didn't slide out or anything. There was also some Saturn chick who raced in our field and got 3rd or something. I can't remember her name--Julie Young maybe? Good times.
I desperately need some new work shoes. We are going to buy some tonight. Not a whole lot going on otherwise . . . .
2 hours later--
I just noticed that there were almost 200 guys in the Pro-Elite field! Holy crap.
Does anyone know how to get a hold of Bob Maharrey these days?
ReplyDelete