I still consider myself a roadie, and always will, but with a kid I've found it impossible to imagine training for road events this year, even though I downgraded to a Cat. 4 last year. My main focus will be cyclocross events--especially since Nationals are in Kansas City in the next couple of years. I hope all the running I'm doing will help.
I'm still confused about 'cross categories, though. No more A, B, and C races? I really liked the B category. In fact, I wish there were "B" USCF races, instead of the numbered categories.
you 'n me both. And if no results are posted for a series how can we submit them for an upgrade?
ReplyDeletestraight from the USCF website ( I finally found this)USCF Cyclocross Upgrades.
20 pts needed to go from 4-3. Since this is a new classification does everyone start at 4 and have to request an upgrade?
I've got 6 CX races under my belt (only 4 road races). But have I been ripped off? the rules say the fields have to be at least 20 racers deep. Only 3 of my 6 CX races are that big. Including two Big Shark events. At this rate, it'll be two more years before I get enough points. And what if 5 of my races were C and 1 was a B which was harder and I placed lower? Mike Weiss you have any answers here?
No worries on the categories. My understanding is that the first year things will be some what self selecting..........so you will NOT have to start at the bottom.
ReplyDelete