Sunday, January 30, 2011
Cold tempo ride
Using a combination of Chris Carmichael's "Time Crunched Cyclist" my own intuitive knowledge about training and perceived exertion and just plain old quality riding, I've come up with an approach to training for this upcoming season that goes way beyond the "Long Slow Distance" approach and the "Cold Forging" approach (both methods that work for some folks). I've pared down my training time to around 4 to 5 hours a week. I think it will prove fruitful. I don't have the time (nor the desire) to spend large chunks of time away from the family on training rides, and actually enjoy shorter rides much more anyway. Much of the riding right now involves blocks of tempo work, and will be interspersed with a little bit more high intensity stuff in mid Feb. Let's see how it works when it comes to racing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment